- Dr Megan Rossi, aka The Gut Health Doctor, co-founded gut health food brand, Bio&Me, alongside Jon Walsh – FMCG specialist and ex-Nestle, P&G and Meadow Foods – with a range of prebiotic granolas, mueslis and porridges
- Now, marking a first move into chilled, new prebiotic* yoghurt range contains billions of Dr Megan’s favourite live cultures, including two of the world’s most studied cultures LGG and BB-12
- Bio&Me saw 265% YoY sales increase (Jan’21 vs Jan ’20) with its grains and now has ambitious growth plans for chilled
- Three delicious SKUs – Original, Vanilla and Mango – available online and in Sainsbury’s stores from Wednesday 19th May for RRP £1.80 per 350g pot
- 100% recyclable pots, each using 16.3% less plastic than other standard pots
- Bio&Me was recently named ‘Future Brand of Year 2021’ by Food Matters Live
To help mark World Digestive Health Day (29 May), Bio&Me, gut health food brand co-founded by Jon Walsh and renowned dietitian and best-selling author, Dr Megan Rossi (PhD RD) – also known as The Gut Health Doctor – makes its debut in the chilled aisle with the launch of its of gut-loving prebiotic* yoghurts. The range is available in three SKUs, ideal as an everyday topping, snack or treat to help support digestive** and immune health***.
The prebiotic* yoghurts are packed full of live and active cultures, a massive 700 billion of them, more than any other yoghurt brand in the UK market. Each pot contains 18 different cultures, including Dr Megan’s personal favourites, BB-12 and LLG, which are two of the world’s most studied cultures.
Strong sales and marketing investment sets sights for growth
Since launching in late 2019, Bio&Me has enjoyed strong YoY growth (+265% Jan’21 vs Jan ’20) with their range of granolas, mueslis and porridges. Bio&Me expects sales of their gut-loving yoghurts to help drive further growth for the brand and the category as a whole.
Good for your Gut
The all-natural yoghurts contain no added sugar, artificial sweeteners, thickeners or emulsifiers, and are lower in lactose. They are high in protein, and a source of Calcium, B12, B2 and Phosphorous. In fact, Bio&Me is the only brand that carries the prestigious ‘Good for your Gut’ health claim, thanks to its clinical trial backed EFSA-approved ingredient.
Available in three delicious flavours: natural and creamy Original; deliciously smooth and indulgent Madagascan Vanilla; and moorish Alphonso Mango.
Their versatility of flavour and texture make them ideal for any eating occasion, as a topping on Bio&Me granola, as an afternoon snack, a sweet treat, or as an ingredient in smoothies, dips, baking or cooking.
Dr Megan Rossi, co-founder of Bio&Me, says: “Consumers who love our gut-loving Bio&Me granolas have been asking us for a live yoghurt to go with them. After much research and product development, we’re so pleased we can now offer our new range of prebiotic* yoghurts, full of my favourite live and active cultures, to offer consumers something new, whilst challenging and growing the yoghurt category.”
She continues: “As a dietitian and a scientist, it’s always been my mission to close the gap on great tasting food that also truly delivers on its health claims. This is what Bio&Me is all about.”
Bio&Me’s Gut-Loving Prebiotic* Yoghurts are also environmentally friendly, with each 350g pot using 16.3% less plastic than other standard pots, and is made from 100% recyclable polypropylene. The wrap is made from recycled cardboard and is also 100% recyclable, making each pot a sustainable product to enjoy daily.
Available from Sainsbury’s nationwide from 19th May, at RRP £1.80 per 350g pot.
For more information visit www.bioandme.co.uk or follow them on Instagram @BioandMeUK.
*Each serving contains 2g of your 12g per day of chicory inulin, which contributes to normal bowel function by increasing stool frequency
**This yoghurt is a source of Calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes
***This yoghurt is a source of Vit B12 which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system