The future of food safety in today’s ever-changing environment is on the agenda this summer as some of the UK’s top experts gather to deliver their verdict on the state of the industry.
Improving Food Safety in a Changing World is the must-attend conference of 2019, and will focus on the key challenges, legislative changes, media issues and, inevitably, Brexit, as the industry comes to terms with ever-greater scrutiny and reputational risk.
Aimed at anyone working in food retail, manufacturing or the food service sectors, as well as tutors and environmental health practitioners, key topics will include:
- what Brexit means for the sector
- food safety in the media
- improving food safety in practice
- effectively implementing ever-changing regulations
- forthcoming challenges and issues in food safety
The conference is being hosted by Highfield Qualifications, the UK’s leading awarding organisation for food safety qualifications, in partnership with The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology, the Institute of Food Science and Technology, and RHE Global.
Chaired by Highfield Chairman Richard Sprenger, author of Hygiene for Management and The Food Safety Handbook, the conference will feature presentations from:
- Dawn Welham, Operations and Technical Services Director at Caterers Choice Ltd, President of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Geoffrey Podger, former Chief Executive of the Food Standards Agency, the European Food Safety Authority and the Health and Safety Executive
- Sterling Crew, Managing Director at SQS Ltd, Strategic Advisor at Dynamic Risk Indicator and the Shield Safety Group
- Madeleine Smith, Reader in Food Safety, University of Birmingham
- Dr Lisa Ackerley, Food Safety Advisor at UKHospitality, Visiting Professor University of Salford
- Tony Lewis, Associate Professor at the Royal Agricultural University
- Michael Jackson, Head of Regulatory Compliance Division, Regulatory Compliance, People and NI Directorate at the Food Standards Agency
- John Barnes, Strategic Advisor, Shield Safety Group
Richard Sprenger, Highfield Chairman, said, ‘In a fast-changing world keeping up to date with major food safety issues that may impact on your livelihood and your business, and the opportunity to interact with experienced specialists in food safety, are just two important reasons to attend the Highfield conference. Meeting friends and colleagues, a good accessible venue and excellent value for money are an added bonus’.
The conference takes place at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham on 13 June 2019.
For more information, go to http://foodsafety2019.highfield.co.uk/