The House of Commons vote on the UK’s withdrawal agreement from the EU takes place on 11th December and all eyes will be on the outcome. The Food and Drink Exporters Association (FDEA) offer a unique opportunity for the industry to hear from Baroness Fairhead CBE, the Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion (DIT) who will be speaking at FDEA’s flagship FDEA Network Forum taking place the next day.
The Network Forum, sponsored by Drac Logistics, takes place on 12th December at One Great George Street, London. Baroness Fairhead will be giving the keynote address at the event.
In these uncertain and changing times, it has never been more important to focus on building international sales as part of growth and risk management strategy. Understanding global consumers, current UK export challenges and how to protect brands are essential pillars of any export plan, and the Network Forum offers a unique opportunity to fast-track knowledge and expertise as well as getting BREXIT news hot off the press.
In addition to the keynote address from Baroness Fairhead, the day’s agenda will focus on opportunities for building export sales for UK food and drink businesses with valuable insights and opportunities to seek expert advice from FDEA’s professional associates including insurance, logistics, labelling, certification and legal advice, including:
- Beyond Brexit – latest updates and advice on managing the impact of Brexit with a panel of professional experts
- Brand Britain as we approach 2019 – Neil Hendry, Global Head of Consulting – Consumer & Retail – Global Data
- UK exports – where are we now? – FDEA share feedback from members on their export insights and performance.
- Tailoring your products to market – Taylors of Harrogate, this independent tea and coffee company share their learning, notably in the USA
- Building Insight Driven Relationships – Premier Foods – winners of the FDF’s Exporter of the Year 2018
- Tapping into the Export Foodservice Market – Llanllyr Source Spring Water – building business through foodservice in the USA, Hong Kong and China
- Westminster Insights from John Arnold, Northern Universal. Informative update on the conversations and issues that are shaping UK politics right now
- India – Creating an Evolving Strategy – Subhayu Ray, UK India Business Council sheds light on how to succeed in India
- ASEAN – opportunities beyond India and China – insights into the South East Asia markets that are open to premium food and drink imports – Paul North, UK ASEAN Business Council
Plus dedicated networking sessions and expert advice
For further information about the event or to register to attend, please visit: https://www.ukfdea.com/event-3019105